Lori Gentile (Guillot), MD, MS
Pediatric Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon
Licensure / Certification
- American Board of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, Fellow
- Georgia Composite State Board of Medicine
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Division of Otolaryngology, Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Residency, Department of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Doctor of Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Master of Science, Department of Pharmacology, Tulane Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, minor in French, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Hearing loss
- Ear infections and chronic ear disease
- Congenital and acquired pediatric neck masses
- Vascular anomalies of the head and neck
- Thyroid disorders
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Chronic tonsillitis
- Chronic sinusitis
- Complex airway disorders
- Feeding difficulty including tongue and lip tie
Societies / Associations / Honors
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, Fellow
- Gold Humanism in Medicine Honor Society, Member
- Guillot LM, Reilly BK, Chung D, Whitehead MT. “Detection of signal alterations in pediatric patients with sensorineural hearing loss using pseudo-color perceptual enhancement.” Presented as a poster presentation at 2018 American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology Meeting Washington, District of Columbia
- Guillot LM, Cho DY, Smith N. “Incidence of pediatric recurrent respiratory papillomatosis surrounding the use of the Gardisil Human Papilloma Virus Vaccine.” Manuscipt submitted for publication. Presented as an oral presentation at the 2017 Triological Society Combined Sections Meeting New Orleans, Louisiana
- Guillot LM, Kejner A, Riley KO, Woodworth B. “Contemporary management of frontal sinus osteomyelitis.” Presented at UAB Resident Research Day 2014. Presented as Oral Presentation at Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation Annual Meeting 2014 Orlando, Florida
- Winters R, Caten A, Guillot LM, Carter J, Aslam R, Friedlander P. “Identifying barriers to head and neck cancer care in an urban community: results from a faith-based community partnership.” Poster Presentation at 2012 Triological Society Combined Sections Meeting Miami, Florida
- Antoon JW, Bratton MR, Guillot LM, Wadsworth S, Salvo VA, Elliott S, McLachlan JA, Burow ME. “Pharmacology and anti-tumor activity of RWJ67657, a novel inhibitor of p39 mitogen-activated protein kinase.” American Journal of Cancer Research 2012;2(4):446-58.
- Antoon JW, Bratton MR, Guillot LM, Wadsworth S, Salvo VA, Burow ME. “Inhibition of p38-MAPK alters SRC coactivation and estrogen receptor phosphorylation.” Cancer Biology and Therapy 2012; Sep; 13(11):1026-33.
- Rhodes LV, Muir SE, Elliott S, Guillot LM, Antoon JW, Penfornis P, Tilghman SL, Salvo VA, Fonseca JP, Lacey MR, Beckman BS, McLachlan JA, Rowan BG, Pochampally R, Burow ME. “Adult human mesenchymal stem cells enhance breast cancer tumorigenesis and promote hormone independence.” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 2010;121(2):293-300.
- Guillot LM. “The effectiveness of the p38 inhibitor RWJ67657 in human breast cancer: an in vitro ” Laboratory Thesis for Master of Science in Pharmacology. Submitted and approved on 15 June 2007.