Kelley Dwyer, Au.D, CCC-A, F-AAA
Director of Audiology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence-Audiology
- Fellow, American Academy of Audiology
- State License-Georgia: AUD003971
Education and Training
- Au.D., Doctorate of Audiology, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
- Bachelor of Science Education., Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Clinical and Professional Experience
Having completed her clinical externship with Pediatric Ear, Nose & Throat of Atlanta, Dr. Dwyer joined PENTA in 2013. Her clinical experience has included specialization in comprehensive audiological evaluations with emphasis on conditioned play audiometry and visual reinforcement audiometry. She is also experienced in the selection, fitting and follow-up of digital amplification using Verifit and many other amplification devices. In addition, she has significant proficiency in the use of Biologic, Vivosonic and Natus hand-held ABR units, for which she is able to perform automated Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing, unsedated diagnostic ABRs and sedated diagnostic ABRs in the operating room, when necessary.
Dr. Dwyer has worked with all of the major cochlear implant manufacturers and performs cochlear implant candidacy evaluations for children of all ages.
Additionally, she provides initial stimulation, follow-up mapping, and troubleshooting for post-surgical cochlear implant patients.
Furthermore, Dr. Dwyer is well-versed in the selection, fitting, and management of bone conduction devices, whether on softband or on abutment. Dr. Dwyer also has experience working with special needs populations including Autism, ADHD, Down syndrome and children with hearing loss.
“I have an emotional connection to helping children hear because my brother has a hearing loss, and I will be forever grateful to the audiologists and medical providers who helped my family communicate.”
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- Auditory Brainstem Response testing
- Cochlear implant evaluation, stimulation, mapping and troubleshooting
- Bone-anchored hearing aid selection, fitting, and management
- Advanced hearing aid technology and streaming devices
- Support and counseling for families of children with hearing loss
Honors and Awards
- East Tennessee State University Foundation Lori Higgins Scholarship Award, 2010
- Audiology/Hearing Science Travel Award-American Speech Language and HearingAssociation, 2012