Jennie R. Allen, Au.D., CCC-A, F-AAA
- Certificate of Clinical Competence-American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- State License-Georgia #AuD 003963
Education and Training
- Doctorate of Audiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Clinical and Professional Experience
After completing her fourth year clinical externship with Pediatric Ear, Nose & Throat of Atlanta, Dr. Allen joined PENTA in 2014. Her previous clinical experience included the private practice and clinical and hospital settings for children and adults.
In her role at PENTA, Dr. Allen is responsible for diagnostic audiologic evaluations of infants, children and adolescents utilizing standard, conditioned play, and visual reinforcement audiometric techniques. She is involved in the selection, fitting, and verification follow-up of digital hearing aids and bone anchored hearing aids from a variety of manufacturers.
Dr. Allen is proficient in utilizing the Biologic, Vivosonic, and Natus Hand-Held auditory brainstem response (ABR) units to complete electrophysiological testing children during natural sleep and under sedation in the operating room. She has a particular interest in cochlear implants and is experienced in cochlear implant candidacy evaluation, initial stimulation, and follow up mapping and troubleshooting for Advanced Bionics, Med-El, and Cochlear devices.
Dr. Allen works closely with special needs population, including those with Down syndrome, Autism, ADHD, and other disorders and syndromes associated with hearing loss.
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- Diagnostic evaluation of hearing
- Hearing aid evaluation, fitting and management
- Cochlear implant selection and management
- Down Syndrome, Autism, ADHA and other syndromic disorders
According to Dr. Allen “A compassionate relationship with my patients and their families is vital to successful care.”