To maximize your child’s hearing health and speech and language development have your child’s hearing tested at least annually.
- Be alert for middle ear infections as they can compound the negative effects of your child’s hearing loss.
- Always have your child wear ear plugs during activities with high levels of noise like rock concerts, fireworks, and mowing the lawn.
- Have your child’s vision checked periodically.
- Have your child’s speech, language, and academic progress monitored periodically.
- Talk with your audiologist to determine if a hearing aid or FM system is warranted.
If you have any questions about your child’s hearing, hearing health or speech and language development, contact one of PENTA’s pediatric audiologists at 404-591-1884.