Lauren Stott, Au.D., CCC-A, F-AAA
- Certificate of Clinical Competence-American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology
- State License-Georgia AUD 003729
Education and Training
- Clinical Doctorate of Audiology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Master of Arts, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Bachelor of Science, Communication Disorders, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
Clinical and Professional Experience
With nearly fifteen years of clinical experience, Dr. Stott’s professional practice has been solely focused on pediatrics. She previously worked at the Children’s Hospital of Alabama in Birmingham, AL and since 2006 has been employed by Pediatric Ear, Nose and Throat of Atlanta. As a senior audiologist with PENTA, Dr. Stott’s responsibilities include comprehensive diagnostic audiological evaluations including Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA), Conditioned Play audiometry (CPA) and standard behavioral testing. She is also proficient in diagnostic Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing (burst, click and bone) and Distortion Product Otoacoustic Emission testing (DPAOE).
Dr. Stott manages a significant caseload of children with hearing loss who have been fitted with hearing aids, BAHA and cochlear implants. This management also includes interface with parents, primary care physicians, speech-language pathologists, classroom teachers and other ancillary healthcare providers, as needed.
As a senior audiologist, Dr. Stott also enjoys providing supervision to externs completing their fourth year Doctorate of Audiology clinical rotation with PENTA.
According to Dr. Stott, “Early and appropriate intervention is the key to maximizing a child’s full communication potential. My particular areas of interest are early intervention and cochlear implantation. I have a deep passion for working with children and their families, and I am committed to the long-term success of my patients.”
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- American Academy of Audiology, Fellow
- American Cochlear Implant (ACI) Alliance member
- Diagnostic evaluation of hearing
- Hearing aid evaluation, fitting and management
- Cochlear implant selection and management