The pediatric healthcare team at PENTA is comprised of highly educated and skilled physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, audiologists, nurses and others providing you with specialized pediatric care.
Our seven physicians are board certified and have completed a fellowship in pediatric otolaryngology, with over 100 years of combined experience to manage each child in a compassionate manner with appropriate pediatric standards for common and uncommon problems in otolaryngology head and neck surgery.
Registered nurses with advanced practice training or licensed physician assistants, our advanced practice providers have extensive training in pediatric otolaryngology to provide comprehensive care to each and every family we serve.
Our pediatric audiologists are able to evaluate children of all ages with a variety of behavioral and electronic devices, including Auditory Brainstem Response testing in the office and operating room setting. They work closely with our cochlear implant surgeons to provide auditory rehabilitation for the profoundly deaf child. They also dispense and maintain conventional hearing aids, as well as provide counseling and support for all families of children with hearing loss.
To learn more about our physicians, their background, training and special clinical interests, please select from below:
- James Thomsen, M.D.
- Brian Herrmann, M.D.
- Erik Bauer, M.D.
- Andrew Sipp, M.D.
- Sivi Bakthavachalam, M.D. (Baktha)
- Matthew Whitley, M.D.
- Paula Harmon, M.D.
- Verlia Gower, M.D. has retired from Pediatric Ear, Nose & Throat of Atlanta and is no longer practicing medicine. If you were a patient of Dr. Gower and would like to continue receiving quality care at PENTA, call 404-255-2033 to schedule an appointment with one of our 7 board-certified physicians.
For more information on PENTA’s nurse practitioners and physician assistants, please select from the list below:
To learn more about our audiologists and their areas of specialty, please select from the list below:
Director of Audiology
- Lauren Stott, Au.D., CCC-A, F-AAA
- Angelyn Harber, M.S., CCC-A, F-AAA
- Erin Holman, Au.D., CCC-A, F-AAA
- Brittany Whitlock, Au.D., CCC-A
- Lynne Peavey, Au.D., CCC-A
- Jennie Allen, Au.D., CCCC-A, F-AAA
- Kelley Dwyer, Au.D., CCC-A, F-AAA
- Diane Cabibi, M.S. F-AAA
- Deedra Alfred, Au.D., CCC-A, F-AAA
Our Audiology Assistant, Mariesela Avila is also here to help you with questions or to schedule an appointment. Please contact her at 404-591-1884.