Amanda Platz, AuD, CCC-A, F-AAA
- State License- Georgia #AUD004096
- Fellow, American Academy of Audiology
- Certification of Clinical Competence, American Speech- Language and Hearing Association
Education and Training
- Doctorate of Audiology, University of Minnesota- Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
- Bachelor of Science, Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Wisconsin- Madison, Madison, WI
Clinical and Professional Experience
After completing her fourth year clinical externship with Pediatric Ear, Nose & Throat of Atlanta, Amanda Platz joined PENTA in 2017. Her clinical experience includes pediatric-focused practicum rotations within hospital, clinical and educational settings.
In her role at PENTA, Dr. Platz is responsible for diagnostic audiologic evaluations of infants, children and adolescents utilizing standard, conditioned play, and visual reinforcement audiometric techniques. She is involved in the selection, fitting, and verification follow-up of both digital hearing aids and bone anchored hearing aids from a variety of manufacturers.
Dr. Platz is proficient in utilizing the Biologic, Vivosonic, and Natus Hand-Held auditory brainstem response (ABR) units to complete electrophysiological testing for children during natural sleep.
Dr. Platz works closely with the special needs population, including those with Down syndrome, Autism, ADHD, and other disorders and syndromes associated with hearing loss. She aims to provide a family-centered approach to all appointments and treatment plans.
Professional Societies/ Associations
- American Speech- Language and Hearing Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- Diagnostic evaluation of hearing
- Programming, fitting, and troubleshooting of traditional hearing aids and bone anchored hearing aids
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing, including the Universal Newborn Hearing Screening